Community Baseball & Softball in Charles County, Maryland has been primarily dominated by the Charles County Youth League (CCYL), which is a Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball League.
The primary emphasis of CCYL is on the local league season; teaching the fundamentals of the game and building player confidence through education, skill development, and participation for players at all levels of athletic ability. A big part of their appeal is that they encourage the participants to have FUN while instilling in them the ideals of good sportsmanship.
CCYL Offers a wide variety options for fans of America’s favorite past-time:
- There’s two levels of T-ball
- Rookie Baseball
- Minors and Majors Baseball
- Travel Baseball
- Slow-pitch Softball
- Fast-pitch softball
- Travel Softball
- Fall Ball (for both softball, and baseball)
- Bambino Buddy Ball (in partnership with the Special Olympics of Charles County)
- And a host of clinics (batting/fielding/catching/pitching) throughout the year.
If you’d like more information on how to join the Charles County Youth League as either a player, coach, manager or volunteer, please visit their website: http://www.ccyouthleague.org/